Monday, January 18, 2016

Dr. Michio Kaku become an Ultimate Otaku Teacher


Yume Reviews the Anime Denpa Kyoushi (Ultimate Otaku Teacher)



Denpa Kyoushi brought us something we already seen before like a very unusual teacher protagonist saving the day of students in trouble. This is maybe why this anime didn’t have the success it deserve in the anime community. Everyone might wonder why I watched this anime, just look at the animation, the character is drawn like it was rushed. Well, give me a break. In Japanese animation, they don’t get the budget they need for production. Sometimes good anime don’t even sell well and sometimes bad anime sells like pan cakes. The amount audience on an anime show is uncertain. Denpa Kyoushi I believe suffered these problems. But even with these short comings I found this anime enjoyable. I discovered this while I’m searching online for an English dubbed anime of 2015 and immediately the title Ultimate Otaku Teacher caught my attention. I was expecting some otaku related story like Lucky Star, one of my favorite, so I gave this one a shot.






Junichirou Kagami is a physics genius, he was even discovered by CERN, European Organization for Nuclear Research in Geneva Switzerland and give him the opportunity to be part of the research team. CERN is so interested on Junichirou’s theory that could make Anywhere Door possible and offer him of actually building it. But with all this luck in his hand he chose to continue his Otaku lifestyle. His sister Suzune is so upset of this and force him to get a job and there he became a teacher.
So what’s so interesting? Well, Junichirou Kagami character is obviously Dr. Michio kaku became an otaku. Dr. Michio Kaku is Japanese American theoretical physicist, professor of City Collage of New York, known for his work in String Field Theory. He claims that worm holes are theoretically possible which is in Anime, the Anywhere Door of Doraemon. This get me so hooked with this anime and I think this is something every anime fan should watch. And there are some anime references they make a joke about here like Neon Genesis Evangelion. And the anime cultures are so vibrantly tackled in every episode like Cosplay, Maid Cafes, Sentai Heroes, Card games, Manga and lot of games.

At first, I was kind of disturbed by the story for being a Great Teacher Onizuka rip off. Every single moment of the first episode is painful for me to watch. I just recently finished watching Kyoukai no Kanata and then having something like this is really frustrating. Just look at this picture, the crowd doesn’t blend well because it’s too dark and the background is too bright. I’ve seen many anime cheat this way and they’ve done it just fine but this one is so awful.



Look at this drawing of Yukino Kuribayashi, it really bothers me. Her body proportion is really not right.



And the animation is so jerky. I wonder how many inbetweeners they hire to make this bumping scene, it’s very unrealistic.



Well, on the ending credits I’ve seen a couple of non-Japanese staff which is 21 of them are listed. Maybe they were the inbetweener guys who draw this scene, I don’t know, I couldn’t read Japanese so well. Japanese Anime with the demand so high they send some of the animation work overseas for non-japanese people to work on and I think that is fine. When I was young I give-up doing Manga because I think Anime cannot be duplicated by a non-japanese person like me. I thought there is no Anime job for me, but I was wrong. Japanese are bringing their anime studios overseas. In fact, there is a TOEI Animation Studio here in my country and that I think is very nice to know. But if it will risk the quality of animation I would prefer seen anime in the hands of Japanese people than having extra help from other nationality. And there is something I wanna mention at my rant part of this review. In the episode 22 of English Dubbed, Funimation make Junichirou say “By the power of grey skull” when he was surprised. I’ve seen many get offended by this but I find it funny.


But even with this poor quality stuff I gave it a chance anyway and run through five episodes and then I couldn’t stop. I even stop by to a convenient store and buy a soda and potato chips to enjoy watching Denpa Kyoushi. I really like the character of Junichirou Kagami because I’m a big fan of Dr. Michio Kaku. I like how he manage the teaching like Dr. michio Kaku ones said on an interview that there is a problem with the learning system in school. It really adds up to his character and I think the best idea in anime history. They also add the Large hadron Colider, an atom smasher that Dr. Michio kaku always mentioning. I also like Koyomi Hiiragi, the chairman of Icho Academy because she was so mysterious. And also her seiyuu(Voice Actress) is Mimori Suzuko, my favorite.


In episode 14, there is this Madoka Kuramachi who is exactly look like Misaka Mikoto on the anime series To Aru Kagaku No Railgun.


If you are an Anime Fan, there is no way you cannot be hooked by Denpa Kyoushi. Just like the Anime lucky Star, this tackle the Otaku Culture which effectively captures my attention. This is one of the best anime I’ve seen on 2014. I recommend watching this series both Japanese and English dubbed. I haven’t seen the Japanese dubbed yet, but the English dubbed is just fine for me with a minor problems I guess. I love seeing English dubbed lately because it will make me be able work on something else without looking to subtitles.

Thanks for reading and I would appreciate if you could leave a comment below. And if you have an anime you want me to do a review please let me know. Thanks for supporting my blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment